This blog is the loving work of Teach For America–Greater Nashville. What arose out of a house meeting of 2011 Corps Members and TFA staff has now grown into a Diversity & Equity Group, Diversity Blog, widely read biweekly blast and digital safe space for all things related to diversity, equity, oppression studies and cultural responsiveness.
- Currently, the blog is managed and written by Brynn Plummer, the Manager of Diversity, Recruitment and Community in the region. Brynn was a 2011 Corps Member who taught sixth and seventh graders science, social studies and English. Prior to moving to Nashville, Brynn also served as a Jumpstart Site Leader and Corps member in a Harlem Headstart preschool, the Bloomingdale Family Program. Brynn holds a B.A. in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University and a M.Ed. from Lipscomb University. She loves 50s and 60s soul, cooking, long drives and dreaming of the day we all get free.
- Elise Cranston has also contributed extensively to the blog throughout its early life. Elise is the Operations Specialist of Pre-Service Training in the region, and was also a 2011 Corps Member. Prior to her time in the Corps, Elise was deeply involved in policy and organizing for political change at the University of Alabama. Elise holds a B.A. from the University of Alabama and a M.Ed. from Lipscomb University. She enjoys live music, travel, Alabama football and discussing gender politics.
Others who are deeply steeped in diversity, equity and a culturally responsive approach in the region:
- Shani Dowell, Executive Director
- Kyle Ali, Managing Director of Pre-Service Training
- Courtney McEwen, Director of Values Based Leadership
- Chris George, Manager of Teacher Leadership Development
- Megan Ernst, Director of Teacher Leadership Development and Real Time Coaching
- Kessa Scott, Manager of Teacher Leadership Development
- Brian Gilson, Director of Alumni Leadership